How are you doing today?
So, a couple of weeks ago someone asked me what my dream dressing room looks like. And it got me thinking about some “famous” dressing rooms. My first memory of a dreamy dressing room is Jenna Rink’s; aka Jenifer Garner in 13 going on 30 (remember that movie?). And then, Mia’s in the Princess Diaries. And finally, Blair Waldorf’s. Just so you know the level I’m at right now.
These fabulous dressing rooms make me want to invest – some day – in a gorgeous one for myself. Even more so that I’ll probably get my own place pretty soon. Obviously, I won’t be able to afford a huge apartment right away but that won’t stop me from dreaming and imagining my perfect space for when I’m a real grown-up 😉 (
wait, shouldn’t I be a real one by now?)
Anyway, let’s have a look at what I would put in that perfect space. All the pieces of furniture you see here were taken from Arhaus. To be honest, I didn’t know the brand before I was introduced to it a couple of weeks ago (it kind of makes sense, since it is available only in the US), but I have to say I’m crushing over the pieces selected here!
So, basically, I have two atmospheres in mind right now. The content in terms of types of pieces remains the same, but the style definitely differs.
- A dresser. So that I can have a very neat and organised dressing room (okay, I might be a tad OCD).
- A couch. Because it is exhausting organising your perfect space.
- A mirror. Duh! I have to check if I look okay leaving the house.
- Some pillows. For when my friends are tired of watching me trying on outfits for them :p.
- A sheepskin or a rug, for the cosy feeling.
- A lamp. After all, it is dark in the morning half the year.
What do you think? What would I find in your dream dressing room? Let me know 🙂